Happy testing!George Clark Release Manager, Foswiki 1.2.0
Highlights of this release
- Major new Foswiki release
- 257 bugfixes, and 129 enhancements relative to 1.1.9
- Incorporates 47 "Feature proposals"
- After in-depth security review, improvements made in 15 areas.
- New "Natural Edit" TML editor helps users learn the Topic Markup Language
- New "block indent" TML markup ( Multiple of 3 spaces, :(colon) (space) indented text )
- HomePagePlugin adds individualized homepage on login.
- More realistic edit "preview" includes active links.
- SubscribePlugin allows one-click subscribe for topic change notifications
- Old EditTablePlugin has been replaced by the EditRowPlugin. This plugin provides enhanced capabilities and client-side sorting of tables.
- Improved support for international character sets.
- Updated jQuery, with more use of AJAX for crisper performance.
- New pluggable Store backend, and Plain File store available: higher performing and eliminates use of RCS.
- New pluggable ACL processing with Read only and Admin only access settings
- Simpler initial installation and bootstrap of settings.
- internal admin login can be eliminated, avoiding use of shared passwords.
- New command-line configuration tool available
- UpdatesPlugin alerts admin when updated extensions are available.
- FastCGI and mod_perl supported "out of the box".
- Simpler web server configuration: No need to apply special protection to configure script.
Translation status Help Wanted!As of this release,
- Italian translation is 100% complete
- French and Czech are >99% complete
- German is >97%
- Danish is >90%
- Other languages are 70% complete or lower, and help is needed to complete the translation.